Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flock of Sheep

My daughter is three and loves doing craft projects with me. She calls them “Artsy Arts and Crafts.”

Yesterday my sister called and asked if I could watch her Three year old while she took the baby to the doctor. No problem. I quickly decided that having both of them together was another opportunity to do yet another spring craft. After grabbing a few quick supplies: Some empty toilet tissue rolls, white glue, cotton balls, black felt, pipe cleaners and googly eyes, we were ready to roll.

I took the pipe cleaners and wrapped one on each end of the toilet rolls, then poured some glue into a paper plate for each girl. We dipped the cotton balls in the glue and placed them on the roll, covering the entire roll. When they were done, I helped them build the front and back by adding more cotton balls to the inside of the rolls at the very front and back, adding a few extra on the backside for fluffy tails. Using the black felt, I cut a face outline, and then had each girl pick which size eyes they wanted on their sheep and glued them to the felt when the felt dried; I attached the felt to the front of the sheep. I also cut little ears out to attach to separate cotton balls and put on each side of the head.

100_2737

The girls loved them. My niece didn’t want to put hers down.

No comments:

Post a Comment